EYFS Recording, Part 2

Way back in April I blogged about an EYFS recording app and showed it to a few schools, who liked the look and a few downloaded the trial app to give it a whirl. I don’t know if any have bought it yet, but, hardly surprisingly, there’s another one on the market.

I had an email from a firm who’d read my blog- fame!- and pointed me at their free software that does a similar job. It’s called Orbit and it’s very new, at least to me. I’ve not had time to have a serious go at putting it through its paces yet, but initial thoughts are that it is very good indeed.

It too allows you to take photograhs, or use ones already taken, to use in the child’s profile, but it also allows you to receive ‘postcards’ from parents that may also be used if appropriate. It also has associated web resource and has the ability to involve parents/carers in their children’s learning in a way that just couldn’t be done without this sort of technology.
As with the 2Simple EYFS app, this product makes the recording process far more efficient than was available with earlier technologies. See my previous blog on an earlier project.

There are some explanatory videos and introductory text here.

If this, an my previous blog, has prompted you to even consider using mobile technology as an observastion tool in EYFS, then I’d urge you to read Miss Leigh’s blog (Spring Cottage Primary) on the subject.

This entry was posted in Blog and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.